Are Cannabis Edibles Safe?
Marijuana edibles are foods and drinks that are made with marijuana or marijuana oils. These can be made at home, like pot brownies, but producers can make and sell marijuana edibles in many forms:
• gummy candies
• sodas and juices
• cookies and other treats
Marijuana edibles are safe for the person who has already taken it before but if its your first time, it can affect your ability to drive, bike, or perform other safety-sensitive activities. Plan ahead so you are in a safe place where you can stay until the impairing effects wear off.
Using marijuana while pregnant or breastfeeding may harm your baby. THC from the marijuana passes from the mother to her unborn child through the placenta. When a breastfeeding mother uses marijuana, THC passes through the breast milk to the baby and can potentially affect the baby.
• The Institute of Medicine Report on the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-I…)
• Researching the Health Effects of Marijuana (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Resea…)
• Is Marijuana Addictive? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Is-Ma…)
• Does Marijuana Cause Health Problems? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-…)
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Teens? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-…)
• Does Marijuana Cause Permanent Brain Damage in Adults? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Does-…)
• Will Cannabis Turn into Big Tobacco? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/will-…)
• Marijuana Legalization and the Opioid Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Marij…)
• Effects of Smoking Marijuana on the Lungs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/effec…)
• Smoking Marijuana vs. Using a Cannabis Vaporizer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Smoki…)
• Does Marijuana Cause Lung Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-…)
• Can Cannabis Cure Cancer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-c…)